The New Jersey Motor Truck Association has been the voice of the New Jersey trucking industry since 1914. We are a non-profit trade association of trucking companies, suppliers and interested parties. NJMTA is your voice before state and federal legislatures, regulatory agencies, the public and the media. NJMTA is dedicated to promoting safety on our highways, educating the public and others about the important role trucks have in our daily lives, and partnering with local, state and federal agencies to insure that we can provide the safe, efficient and economical transport of goods throughout our great State.
NJMTA Membership is an investment that more than pays for itself.
The trucking industry is constantly bombarded with new rules, regulations and laws that impact the cost of doing business. NJMTA members are armed with the facts to protect their company's interests. Many non-members are informed of these same issues by summonses that normally exceed the NJMTA annual membership dues. Take a look! See how you can get the most for your investment.
If you have any questions contact Sandy at email@example.com.
- NJMTA Trucking News- Get the hottest news every week via e-mail.
- Bulletin - This comprehensive monthly digital magazine is packed with industry news, new rules and regulations, industry tips, safety information, NJMTA events, plus so much more!
- Member's Only Web site - Our dynamic Web site features an On-line membership directory, buyer's guide, as well as, online registration for NJMTA events and an on-line NJMTA supply catalog, plus much more!
- Technical Support - Got a question? Call us and we'll assit you with finding the answer.
- *ALERTS* Members that provide email addresses receive immediate TRAFFIC, SECURITY or other important industry alerts.
- TOLL DISCOUNTS - In cooperation with the New York State Motor Truck Association (NYMTA), BESTPASS combines Toll Savings & Weigh Station Bypass. DESIGNED BY TRUCKERS FOR TRUCKERS. NJMTA members can take advantage of, E-ZPass, PrePass, NORPASS and Greenlight, with one single transponder. Contact 888-410-9696 to see how BESTPASS will work for you.
- NJMTA Industry Activities Take Pride in Your Company's contribution and positive image in our industry. Participating in The Annual Truck Driving Championships is one of our progressive industry building activities. GET INVOLVED!
- Discounts on Supplies Your membership provides special savings on industry supplies in the NJMTA catalog.
- Educational Workshops - NJMTA offers a variety of workshops throughout the year. US DOT Regulatory Compliance, Hours of Service Regulations, CDL Defensive Driving Course, Staying in Compliance with CSA, Air Brake System Maintenance, etc. All with special member rates.
- Drug & Alcohol Testing Consortium - Save your company time associated with compliance. Don't risk costly fines for every day that your company is not in compliance with the mandatory alcohol and drug testing laws. Call Tim Doyle at 888-817-1856 or visit www.mmta.com/drugandalcohol for more information.
- NJMTA Scholarship Program: Each June NJMTA provides 3- $1,000 scholarships to the children of NJMTA member companies. Applications are mailed in February.
- Medical & Dental Benefit Program - What are you paying for your medical and dental plans? Great savings can be realized by participating in the Association Master Trust Medical and Dental plan administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield and Delta Dental. Call 973-379-1090 ext 231 for your quote, you may be surprised at the savings.
- ADVOCACY... Your voice ...in numbers ...to resolve the issues facing our industry.
NJMTA is proud of its predominant role in representing the interests of hundreds of thousands of men and women employed in truck transport since 1914. We need your commitment to stay the course and preserve our industry.
What the NJMTA Has Done for Trucking
For 100 years, New Jersey Motor Truck Association has protected the trucking industry. Here are some of the highlights:
- The exemption for overtime after 40 hours was reinstated January 14, 2000.
- Worked with the NJ Dept. of Labor to adopt the federal exemption for overtime after 40 hours for drivers, mechanics and loaders.
- Our successful diversion of commercial traffic from NJ Turnpike led to point of NO TOLL INCREASE for the NEXT SIX YEARS and then earned a volume toll discount, fuel discount & an extra 117 truck spaces at Vince Lombardi service area.
- Boosted maximum gross vehicle weight in New Jersey to 80,000 lbs. and tandem axle ceiling to 34,000 lbs.
- Legislation to permit owner-operators to have own work compensation was passed.
- Brought back sales tax exemption for trucks, parts and leasing.
- Had legislation passed to allow 40' straight trucks and 53' trailers.
- Gained additional exemption from Federal Bridge Formula for commercial vehicles weighing under 73,280 lbs.
- Defeated repeated attempts to inflict ton-mile tax on state truck operators.
- Had legislation passed which permits Class 41 dump trucks to do 45 m.p.h. while loaded.
- Had New Jersey Turnpike eliminate requirement for driver to note entry to Turnpike on their log book.
- Educated drivers to pass CDL; supervisors to comply with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations; supervisors to implement drug and alcohol testing compliance; mechanics for brake certificates; and many more pertinent subjects.
- Developed legislation leading to axle\weight violations given to shippers/consignees in case of sealed ocean container.
- Developed permit regulation allowing 38,000 lbs. on tandem axle in case of sealed ocean container (with a tri axle chassis the combination can approach 90,000 lbs.).